- Client: DG Energy (ENER) (European Commission)
- Implementation period: June, 2020 - May, 2021 (Completed)
- Geographic coverage: European Union
- Theme: Energy
- Topic: Energy innovation & supply chain
- Experts: Liliana Guevara Opinska, Ling Ying Lee, João Gorenstein Dedecca, Frank Gérard
The study aims to identify the critical supply chains for ensuring security of energy supply and clean energy transition with increase renewable energy generation and increased energy efficiency, taking account of the current sources of supply and dependencies and, second, identify measures to strengthen the resilience of the European energy sector. Building, among others, on the experience of the COVID-19 impacts on supply chain disruptions, the study should consider potential external threats to reinforce the EU energy system.