- Client: EC - DG Energy
- Implementation period: December, 2018 - December, 2020 (Ongoing)
- Geographic coverage: European Union
- Theme: Energy
- Topic: Energy Policy
- Experts: Hans Bolscher, Joris Moerenhout, Jessica Yearwood Travezán, Liliana Guevara Opinska
How can the EU successfully implement commercially viable and technologically sound Carbon Capture, Utilisation and Sequestration (CCUS)?
The main objective of this assignment is to run the European CCUS Demonstration Project Network (as a continuation of the European CCS Demonstration Project Network) and to foster knowledge sharing among existing and emerging CCUS projects. The Network will support the execution and advancement of the implementation plan for CCUS under the SET-Plan. The project is conducted by Trinomics in collaboration with TNO, SCCS, SINTEF, DECHEMA and BELLONA. The project will run from December 2018 and will finish by December 2020.
For more information about this project please visit www.ccusnetwork.eu.
In particular, the aims with regards to knowledge sharing are to support:
- De-risking CCUS with regard to scaling up to commercial size;
- Accelerating the deployment of CCUS;
- Increasing public awareness, understanding and acceptance of CCUS technologies;
- Provide policy and market advise on how to create CCUS-including structures.