- Client: Province of Gelderland, Netherlands
- Implementation period: March, 2022 - April, 2022 (Completed)
- Geographic coverage: The Netherlands
- Theme: Energy
- Topic: Energy Policy Regulation and Markets
- Experts: Hans Bolscher, Onne Hoogland, Jeanet Benschop
Second opinion business case CO2-network Bommelerwaard horticulture area
The province of Gelderland was approached by OCAP to request a subsidy for the realisation of a CO2-network in the Bommelerwaard horticulture area. The CO2-network project qualified for subsidy provision as it contributes to the province’s objective to lower its CO2-emissions.
The analysis aimed to evaluate if the subsidy was needed and if so, whether or not its societal and environmental benefits were sufficiently high to justify public investment. Additionally, a risk analysis was performed.
As such, the project combined in-depth study of delivered documents, financial analysis, stakeholder interviews, and analysis review by OCAP and the client, leading to a well rounded second opinion.