- Client: European Commission - Executive Agency for Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (EASME)
- Implementation period: January, 2013 - December, 2016 (Completed)
- Geographic coverage: European Union
Providing reliable information on EU energy efficiency product policy
The Energy Efficient Products Facility (EEPF) aims to provide both information and guidance to different stakeholders including consumers, retailers and manufacturers regarding the EU energy efficient product policy and assistance for implementing measures under the Ecodesign and Energy Labelling Directives, the Tyre Labelling Regulation and the Energy Star Programme.
This assignment included:
- Producing relevant and reliable technical information, guidance and promotional material;
- Supporting the front desk service offered by Europe Direct;
- Supporting the European Commission in the upgrading of their energy efficiency website (EC – DG Energy); and
- Organising events related to energy efficiency product policy.
As part of this project, Trinomics and its consortium organised an international conference for 500 people on February 2014 titled “International Trends in Ecodesign and Energy Labelling”. Further, the team has developed a number of guidance documents for different target audiences, including policy makers, industry and consumers.