- Client: Flemish Energy & Climate Agency (VEKA)
- Implementation period: June, 2021 - October, 2021 (Completed)
- Geographic coverage: Belgium
- Theme: Climate Change, Energy
- Topic: Climate Change Mitigation, Climate Change Policy and Strategy, Energy Efficiency, Energy Policy, Renewable Energy
- Experts: Tycho Smit, Luc van Nuffel, Onne Hoogland, Henjo Jagtenberg
How can the Flemish agriculture sector decarbonise faster?
The study aims to identify good practices with respect to reducing energy consumption and greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions in the Netherlands that can be applied in Flanders. To this end, a quantitative comparison of energy consumption and GHG emission trends is performed, the relevant policy measures are investigated in detail. Based on this analysis, concrete recommendations are formulated for the Flemish government. They will run from June 2021 and will finish by October 2021.