- Client: Dutch Ministry of Economic Affairs and Climate Policy (EZK)
- Implementation period: August, 2021 - December, 2021 (Completed)
- Geographic coverage: The Netherlands
How effective and efficient has the SDE+ been?
The instrument ‘Stimulering Duurzame Energieproductie+’ (SDE+) is the main instrument for promoting renewable energy production in the Netherlands. The project concerns the second and final evaluation of the instrument and aims to evaluate its effectiveness and efficiency over the 10 years that the SDE+ has been in place, focussing on the last 5 years. Additionally, the possibilities for incorporating external costs in the subsidy award mechanism is explored, in particular as input for improving the SDE+’s successor, SDE++.
The project will run from August 2021 and will finish by December 2021.
The key objectives of the project are:
- To evaluate the effectiveness and efficiency of the SDE+ instrument;
- To explore the possibilities for incorporating external costs in the ranking of projects for subsidy award;
- To identify lessons with relevance for the successor of the SDE+, the SDE++.