- Client: Flemish Energy and Climate Agency (VEKA)
- Implementation period: January, 2021 - May, 2021 (Ongoing)
- Geographic coverage: Belgium
What are the impacts of the Flemish Coalition Agreement on fuel oil heating?
The Flemish coalition agreement for 2019-2024 includes provisions to phase out fuel oil heating in buildings. From 2021 restrictions are put in place on installing new fuel oil installations and performing maintenance on existing installations. The study aims to estimate the impacts of the restrictions in terms of energy consumption, CO2 emissions, air quality, soil quality, jobs and industry turnover and will deliver an overall assessment on the significance of the impacts per restriction.
This investigation provided the following preliminary results:
- Measure the impacts of the coalition agreement for the fuel oil sector;
- Provide an overall assessment on the significance of the measures.