Rob Williams is a Senior Consultant at Trinomics
Rob Williams is a senior expert on energy and the environment. He has extensive evaluation expertise covering a wide range of regional, national and international projects in the energy, environment and resource efficiency sphere. In addition to his evaluation experience Rob has led a wide range of energy, resource efficiency and environmental policy analysis and development studies. These have involved consideration of policy and incentive design, effectiveness and impact in terms of carbon savings, but also economic and social benefits via innovation and employment and skills generation. His European Commission evaluation experience includes programme level evaluations for LIFE+, IEE and the FP. His EU policy evaluation experience includes the CCS directive, energy certification of the buildings and the Effort Sharing Decision. Rob has led consultancy projects for the UK, Scottish and Welsh governments ranging from policy studies on the circular economy to green skills evaluations to eco innovation. He has also delivered consultancy projects for other international groups such as the EIB ,Transparency International and the European Climate Foundation.
Rob began his consultancy career in 1995, with five years working for an engineering consultancy. His experience here included energy surveys and the completion of detailed techno-economic feasibility studies. This gave him a sound basis in the technical aspects of energy use, conservation and technologies as well as professional experience in executing and reporting engineering and economic analysis. Rob has an MSs in Environmental Technology from Imperial College.
- Client: European Environment Agency (EEA)
- Implementation period: 2018 - 2018 (Ongoing)
- Theme: Energy
- Topic: Energy Efficiency, Energy Markets, Renewable Energy, Energy Policy, Climate Change Mitigation, Climate Change Policy and Strategy, Resource Efficiency, Circular Economy
- Client: European Commission - DG Environment
- Implementation period: 2018 - 2019 (Ongoing)
- Theme: Environment
- Topic: Environmental Policy
Supporting analysis for an Impact Assessment on the future funding of EU participation in ITER activities
- Client: European Commission - DG Energy
- Implementation period: 2018 - 2018 (Completed)
- Theme: Energy
- Topic: Energy Policy