- Client: European Commission - DG Environment
- Implementation period: 2018 - 2018 (Ongoing)
- Geographic coverage: European Union
Does the 7th EAP facilitate us “living well, within the limits of our planet”?
The EU has faced numerous environmental pressures over the last decades. Impressive results have already been achieved, yet several challenges persist. The 7th Environmental Action Programme (7th EAP) was created to provide an integral framework for EU environmental policy, for planning and implementation, to be achieved by 2020 to more effectively tackle the persisting challenges. In addition it provides a vision for where the EU should be in 2050 living “well, within the planets ecological limits”.
The project is led by Trinomics in collaboration with Technopolis Group and Öko-Institut. The project will run from January 2018 and will finish by December 2018. The aim is to provide consultative input and support for the EC’s evaluation of the progress of the 7th EAP. This encapsulates activities and policies from 2013-2018.
The key objectives of this project are:
- Targeted stakeholder, public consultation, and Member State focus group reports, which will be carried out across the course of the project.
- Workshops on the 7th EAP thematic priorities: effectiveness, efficiency, relevance, coherence, and EU added value. This will be prepared in three reports covering each of three workshops carried out.
- Issue-Specific papers, which will be on topics of the Commissions choosing throughout the duration of the study. There will be between 5-7 papers.
- A synthesis analysis of all the findings carried out throughout the study.