- Client: European Commission - Executive Agency for Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (EASME)
- Implementation period: 2015 - 2018 (Ongoing)
- Geographic coverage: European Union
Is the EU construction workforce ready to meet the 2020 energy efficiency targets?
The main purpose of the project is to facilitate the exchanges, foster the cooperation and enhance cross-learning between the different countries that are part of the finalised BUILD UP Skills Pillar I, completed and ongoing BUILD UP Skills Pillar II, and ongoing Horizon2020 EE4 construction skills projects (BUILD UP Skills is a multi-annual EU funding initiative under the framework of the Intelligent Energy Europe – IEE – programme aiming at upskilling the construction sector workforce so that European energy efficiency targets for the built environment are met).
To that purpose, Trinomics is supporting the Executive Agency for Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (EASME) by providing the Agency with the following cross-cutting consulting activities:
- Design, organisation and implementation of four EU exchange meetings bringing together policymakers and project coordinators of the different countries partaking in the finalised BUILD UP Skills Pillar I, completed and ongoing BUILD UP Skills Pillar II, and ongoing Horizon2020 EE4 construction skills projects (70+ participants).
- Setting up and regular animation of four Technical Working Groups on relevant topics related to skills namely 1) Financing of projects, 2) Mutual recognition, 3) Innovative training methods and incentives and 4) Market acceptance.
- Outreach through a newsletter that is distributed every two months.
- Carrying out stakeholder workshops with vocational education and training, construction and energy experts (70-100 participants).
- Monitoring of progress and evaluation of the BUILD UP Skills Pilllar II programme and Horizon 2020 topic EE4.